The national final of the Traffic Safety Competition for primary school students titled
|Date||25th of May 2019. between 9 am and noon|
|Site||Children's Car Traffic Park of Esztergom (30 Mátyás király Street, Esztergom, 2500)|
|Organizer||Federation of National Private Transporters (NiT Hungary)
1108 Budapest, Újhegyi út 3/A-5.
Participants: 5 member teams of 7-11 year olds fromed from students of domestic primary schools. The number of teams that can participate from one school is unlimited. Registration: between the 6th and 12th of May 2019. by completing and submitting the Highway Code test (difficulty will be chosen according to the required base knowledge level) in the online questionnaire provided by the organizer. The questions of the test will be focused on the collection of rules pertaining to the walkers and the cyclists. The online test can be taken in any of the country's schools. In addition to completing the test the name and address of the school, the name of the team and team members, the chaperone's name and contact information also have to be provided.
The four teams that achieve the best results will be able to take part in the competition. In case of a tie in points the test's completion time will define the order of the results.
Competition tasks: during the competition the four teams will have to perform six traffic safety tasks in rotation. The tools will be static and moving heavy vehicles (buses and heavy goods vehicles) and bycicles, pedestrian crossing simulation, road cones and signal posts, sound signalling devices and handheld radios.
The most important principles at the creation of the tasks:
- define mutual relationship between the vulnerable participants of traffic and the heavy vehicles, professionally demonstrate the emergency causes and circumstances that arise from the difference between sizes and movement dynamics and the vehicles' other attributes.
- make sure the competition is dynamic, visually exciting, enjoyable for both the onlookers and the competitors and raises personal feelings in the participants;
- ensure the "edutainment" for the children, that is to say every task should be entertaining and enjoyable as well as educational and should also convey a preventive traffic safety message;
- guarantee the safety of the competitor teams, the crowd and the fans during the tasks;
- make sure the team rotations are flowing well according to the circumstances of the location (no team should be waiting passively); - measurement of the traffic knowledge of age groups according to their expectable baseline knowledge.
Announcement of the results: after the points that have been acquired during the competition tasks are counted, during a ceremony. To instill a sense of achievement, all teams will receive a reward, the main award is a travel voucher valued at 250,000 HUF, the other contestants can also win a travel voucher, and other tangible rewards.
The chaperones, fans and friends that participate at the event can also take a Highway Code test.
Among those who do so a multitude of traffic safety themed tangible rewards will be raffled.